Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Being Scared of Getting Old

Incremental steps

We age

We fret


Tomorrow’s coming too fast to feel this

But I’m chased by the memory of a lost lovers kiss


Playing with a wrecking ball

Its not much fun

Doesn’t bounce at all

And what if that house ain’t ready to fall?


Picking scabs

Just passing time

If I waste the day will the sun still shine?


Blessed blistering heat you rise

And rise and rise and rise and rise

You burn my skin and pierce my eyes


So quick you came and robbed my sleep

And soon you’ll go and I’ll be deep

In snow and old and life will roll


And I’ll miss you sun, when my skin will sag

And my bones go soft and I’ve learned to nag

So for now go on: scorch me, melt me down

I be leavin' tie-dye foot prints all over this town






1 comment:

  1. Nice work.
    Fear and worry..are they different beasts? Perhaps fear is the friend we have that helps us act whereas worry is the ever-present, pushed down result of inaction. We should fear death but not worry about it. Our fear will spur us to some peace of mind.
    DMcC

    ReplyDelete