Thursday, August 19, 2010

The Art of Receiving

Palms open

Sky bound,

Fingers unclasped

Free to release,

to receive


Trickling between them

there can be no choice

Of what flows out

or in


Fearlessness, in the face

of the blue storm

Hiding nowhere

facing everything, smiling

at the whipping wind


Arms stretched, aching

in their reaching

in their welcoming

Trying to free the heart

from its cage between them

Back to the ocean

which is everything

that resonates

With freedom


Expectations are binding

God only knows what will stick

If anything

So until the heavens

Call my name

All I can call is my

prayer,

heart’s song,

delicious desires,

nonsensical dreams,

painful tender hope


And you,

and me,

and you and me

we are connected by the space

There is no form without space

No love without loneliness,

And no receiving without letting go.

No comments:

Post a Comment